So, I wanted to talk about how I’m going to handle my days and my letters before the fun starts tomorrow. So let’s talk about some of the rules of the game:
- There will be posts on every day except Sunday – with the exception that the first post WILL be on Sunday April 1st – and will be for one letter each day. The post will thematically be based around the letter for that day. (A is for apple, B is for banana, etc.)
- Has to be thematic. I am going to do a broad theme here: My Writing Life and how it relates to other parts of my life. I’ll talk about characters, the world and parts of my experiences as a writer.
For my own posts, since I am a planner, I already have an idea for each day. The funny thing is that several of the letters have multiple ideas. So, I’ve decided to go a little different then just one topic on some of the days. I’ll pick a main one to focus on and do a section on some of the other terms I like by that letter. Granted there are some letters that will only have one thing each day – I mean how many words do you know that start with an X or a Z? I know there are probably more than I can think off the top of my head, but who wants to write a blog about weird words we don’t understand.
Hopefully this will make for a fun month! April is going to be packed full of craziness!
Cara Mia Amore
Click here to see the blog roll and the sign up list
So, like I promised in my last little blurb of an entry I wanted to go through some of the different presenters first for the conference. This will be our “pre-conference” blurbs on the conference. I plan on doing some entries on the days I’m there, the workshops I actually do take, and just my overall experiences. I’m going to take notes! And pictures! And I plan on having lots of fun.
Okay, according to the brochure there are going to be four keynote speakers at this conference:
- Robert Crais – apparently he wrote the Elvis Cole mystery novels. Should be an interesting speaker, but I’ve never heard of him myself – not a big mystery fan. But if you follow me on Twitter – you know I love meeting new authors of all breeds. We are a fun group to talk with.
- Jeffery Deaver – he is apparently a repeat of previous conferences. Which I would think would be a good thing, that means he’s a good speaker! From the blurb in the brochure, he definitely has been busy on the writing scene. Should be interesting to see what he has to say.
- Susan Wiggs – she is a romance writer, and one that I have read a couple of her books. So, I’ll be bringing some of those along to get signed. Should be fun! I think it is cool that she apparently lives on an island in the Pacific Northwest. Growing up in that general area (granted it is a big area and I don’t know the exact part of it she comes from) it should be a nice way to relate if we get a chance to talk. Which I look forward to trying to do!
- Donald Maass – this is one keynote speaker that I am looking forward to hearing talk! Most of the literary world knows him (at least in name). He runs his own agency and has authored several reference books for writers. Two of which I have (Writing the Breakout Novel and Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook). Everything I have seen about Mr. Maass is that he is a wonderful speaker so I’m looking forward to that.
So that covers the four keynote speakers. There is a lot more people due to speak – I think I counted like 54 – and I do want to say a few words about some of them. I would talk about all of them but there are several reason why I won’t. First off I don’t know a lot of them (which means I have research to do before the conference!) and second I would be giving you a LONG blog entry if we talked about all of them. If you want to see more information on who is going to be there, you can always check out the brochure yourself at the PPWC website. So without further ado:
- Rachelle Gardner – I’ve been following Rachelle’s blog and Twitter for awhile. So it will be cool seeing an agent there that I actually have followed and read a lot on.
- Weronika Janczuk – Another agent. One I’ve followed on Twitter for awhile. She actually represents some of the authors I follow. Don’t know a terrible amount about her, but she is someone I do recognize.
- Kristin Nelson – Another author that I follow both their blog and Twitter. She blogs at Pubrants.com which was one of the first agent blogs I ever followed and I have been reading her posts for over a year now.
- Marie Lu – Author that just put out a book called Legend. I follow her on Twitter and looking forward to reading her book. I have it in my To Be Read pile.
- Carrie Vaughn – Author of the Kitty books. The funny thing is, when my husband and I moved down here I read her books on the way here. Her books are about a werewolf radio host name Kitty and they are based in Colorado. I got a kick out of them since I was moving to a new state – despite my husband growing up here, I was still going somewhere that I didn’t know – and her books were like a welcoming to a place unfamiliar to me.
In all actuality, I recognize a few names not shown above, but nothing more from either brief Twitter mentions or Book Shelf Browsing in book stores. These five people I actually have been aware of for awhile and have been actively following in one way or another (either reading books, blogs or Twitter).
So I’m going to be meeting a lot of new people. Not only the presenters but those that are going to be going to the conference themselves – which is a slightly scary though to my introverted self. But that is one thing I’m going to have to get over, and quick! Only about 21 days left til the conference.
Cara Mia Amore
So, since I have been struggling to come up with ideas to blog about I decided to join the April A to Z challenge where you blog thematically for 26 days (Monday thru Friday and one Sunday) based on the letter of the alphabet! Looking forward to it!
I plan to come up with the blog entries ASAP so it will be fun!
Cara Mia Amore
A to Z Challenge Sign Up
As I’ve mentioned before, I’ll be going to the Pike’s Peak Writer’s Conference. I wanted to talk about the brochure! So excited, I can’t contain myself. Only about a month away.
Look forward to get an update of the workshops and speakers!
Cara Mia Amore